Salohcin Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Salohcin Discussions

Discuss various subjects.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ads that make you mad

Go down 
+2
Nick
Wolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolf
Admin
Wolf

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Ads that make you mad Empty
PostSubject: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:47 pm

Are there any adverts on TV that really annoy you? Or are there any silly ones that you can't help but shout at the TV every time they come on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.salohcin.co.uk
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:31 am

I don't know whether you've seen those late night ads for "text chat" where you are meant to send a text to a 5 digit number and then you can chat with "sexy girls in your area". What I have noticed about these ads is that they are never advertising for the girls to text in, only for the men to talk to these girls. So where do the girls come from? Has noone else noticed that it seems to be only men that are texting to these premium rate numbers? How thick are these men? affraid
Back to top Go down
GreenMousey

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 am

Sorry to bring this up.......but I don't think adverts should wish you a "happy period"....how wrong is that? There is nothing "happy" about bleeding for seven days and not dying....stupid advert, it makes me feel....like a bloke came up with that ad....

I found out, from a friend, that they also have the same advertisment in America...someone should be fired for less...surely?

Mouse x
Back to top Go down
Kerii

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 10:16 am

The Vauxhall Meriva and Safira adds with the two 'chubby' children talking like old men. I feel like screaming at the that their parents wouldn't need to buy a people carrier to transport them in if they only got some exercise.

On the flip side, I love the Cravendale adverts with the cow, the pirate and the footballer. Everybody needs 'Milk Milk!!!' And the Sony Bravia adverts with the bunnies. Forget the tv, I want one of those bunnies!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Two more ads that I can't stand at the moment are:

The Cow & Gate ad with the babies laughing wildly. Now I love kids and am as broody as they come, but those babies look demented! They look as if at any moment their eyes will burn red and the theme to the Omen will start up! Evil or Very Mad No child is naturally that giggly! They are just freaky and give me the major creeps! affraid

The Burger King ad that says that their new burger is "inspired by The Dark Knight". Rubbish is it! The exact same advert was on when they claimed the same burger was inspired by the Batman films of the past. Make your mind up which film is inspiring you and don't just rehash old ads at us! monkey
Back to top Go down
RAVEN

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:43 pm

flower The annoying lloyds bank add grrrrrrr, does it mean that we all have to have what we want NOW !!!! No
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:56 am

I have another group of ads actually...

All those ads suddenly cashing in on the Olympics or claiming to be the sponsors of, or official whatever it is, of the Olympics. Do you really think that being the "official bean of the Olympics" makes it any better quality or value than anyone else's? Or maybe they are telling us that we need only use it once every four years?

Actually, any of those companies that sponsor sports events or teams put me off their products, because all they are saying to me by their sponsorship is "we have made so much money from charging you too much for so long that we can now afford to just throw away several millions of pounds of it". If these companies really want to impress me enough to buy their products, they would do better by saying "sorry, we can't afford to sponsor events or teams because we provide the best quality product we can, as cheaply as we can to our customers, and don't make enough profit to waste".
Back to top Go down
liverpoolvv

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:11 pm

Nick wrote:
Has noone else noticed that it seems to be only men that are texting to these premium rate numbers? How thick are these men? affraid

Surprised I know how rude. They can chuck me half the price of them prem rate numbers and I will talk dirty to them saving their phone bills Laughing

I don't like any adverts. They are just soooo annoying lol. Thanks god for Sky plus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 pm

I just thought of another ad that makes me angry, but it more makes me sad really, at how we humans really are towards each other. The adopt a dog advert where they show dogs that have been abandoned and mistreated and people give money to give them new homes and new lives. This in itself is not what upsets me, I think people should help to stamp out cruelty to animals. But where it really hurts me and hits me hard where it hurts, is that the great majority of the people that will support that charity and think how terrible it is that these animals have been so badly mistreated and left homeless are the exact same people that would never think of helping another human in a similar situation. With my work with HISH (Homeless Is Still Human – a charity and campaign that I started and continue to be involved in as much as my health allows), I know from experience that most people would much rather treat a dog, cat, or any other animal with a lot more compassion and kindness than they would a human being in the same situation. When an animal is homeless, there are people queuing up to help it, but when a human is homeless then everyone does their best to ignore them, or even actively shoo them away (or call the police to have them do it for them). Animals are much better adapted to foraging and surviving in the wild than humans are, so surely humans are in the more need of your help in those kinds of situation.

An argument that people will often give me as to why they would rather help an animal than a human is that the animal is “dumb” and didn’t ask for the situation it has been forced into by humans. Do you really think that humans ask for it? Of course they don’t! I know that from personal experience. Another answer some may give is that they would be afraid of the human being a drug addict or mentally ill and so attacking them. Surely an animal is more likely to attack a human than another human is? Not all homeless or mistreated people are drug addicts or mentally ill, it’s more likely that they will become so (if they do at all) because of being in that situation, rather than being in that situation because they already were.
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ads that make you mad   Ads that make you mad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ads that make you mad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Salohcin Discussions :: Main Discussions Boards-
Jump to: