Salohcin Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Salohcin Discussions

Discuss various subjects.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Euthanasia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
liverpoolvv

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Euthanasia Empty
PostSubject: Euthanasia   Euthanasia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Should Euthanasia be allowed or not ? What are your own personal views on the subject?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Euthanasia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euthanasia   Euthanasia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:24 pm

With the overpopulation problem in the world at present, I think Euthanasia is almost essential. How can it ever be considered right to keep people alive who are suffering, in pain or unhappy with how they are when so many other people are dying from lack of the resources that that person is using up?

I would go further and allow anyone that wished to die, whether ill or not, to be helped to do so (obviously after ensuring that it wasn’t just a spur of the moment decision and they had carefully thought it through properly). If someone feels that they have come the end of their usefulness in life, then allow them to end it in the way they choose, rather than accuse them of being mentally ill for thinking such things.

The right to live and die as we choose is the fundamental human right, and this has been taken away in recent years by well-meaning people who assume that because they feel the need to cling to life, no matter what then everyone else has to too.

As everyone knows that I have been actively suicidal myself for many years, I have to admit that one of the biggest pressures I have felt on me to actually commit suicide has been from the "Daily Mail Readers" / Right winger types / Pro-Lifers who tend to be anti suicide on religious grounds. Yet (and this is the honest truth, and no exageration. How I truly and honestly felt) from these people I have felt a lot of indirect (nothing directly, but just subtle hints from what they say and how they act towards me) pressure regarding that if I am living on benefits and unable to work at all, I am just a drain on the State and so it is my Patriotic Duty (good job I'm no patriot isn't it?) to kill myself so that they do not have to pay for me out of their taxes. I know this sounds a bit paranoid, but I have often, honestly felt that this is what they wanted me to do, that they would rather I committed suicide than live off their taxes. How's that for Euthanasia? Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.salohcin.co.uk

Euthanasia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Salohcin Discussions :: Main Discussions Boards-
Jump to: