Salohcin Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Salohcin Discussions

Discuss various subjects.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go? Empty
PostSubject: Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go?   Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:01 pm

With recent news about some Labour MPs wanting a leadership election, is it time that Gordon Brown should go? Has he had enough time to prove himself? Should the government be focusing on the economy, for example, rather than their own internal squabbles? Will things get worse while Brown is leader? Or is he the best person for the job?
Back to top Go down
Mike

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go?   Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:10 pm

Personally, I don't care much about this (so why post on it!?!). I sometimes feel a bit sorry for Gordon Brown because he inherited the government just as the economy started to take a turn for the worse. He can't really be blamed for this, as the state of the economy is more down to global trends rather than domestic policies. (This also means, of course, that Blair or Brown shouldn't be congratulated for the relative health of the economy for the last 10 years or so).
It can be difficult to separate an opinion about a politician based on their personality from an opinion based on their ability. I sometimes think Gordon Brown is less popular than Blair because Blair was more media-savvy, which is unfair. It's to Brown's credit that he's avoided the sort of publicity stunts that Blair liked to grin at!
Back to top Go down

Gordon Brown - should he stay or should he go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Salohcin Discussions :: Main Discussions Boards-
Jump to: