Salohcin Discussions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Salohcin Discussions

Discuss various subjects.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Young Mothers and getting council accomodation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
liverpoolvv

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Empty
PostSubject: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:37 pm

Would forcing young mothers to live in hostels rather than throwing them their own council property and paying for it for them be a deterrent from young preganancy?
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 3:32 pm

Not at all. The point of giving single parents (and it’s not just mother, but can be fathers too sometimes) a council flat is to try and provide the best possible accommodation for the child and its mother.

There is a movement from what I call the “Daily Mail Reader” part of society that wants anyone that is not them and abides by what they consider to be “normal behaviour” to be punished, ostracised and rejected by the rest of society. My opinion is that it is those “Daily Mail Readers” that should be the ones that are ostracised, not anyone else. They are the ones that are trying to treat other human beings as inferior, just because they don’t do things exactly how they want them to do.

I do notice that whenever one of these evil single mothers just happens to be a member of their own direct family, then that’s different and an exception should be made in that case.

This is just another idea from a group of society that feels jealous that anyone should be getting something that they aren’t, acting like a spoiled 3 year old crying because some other child was given a toy that they don’t have. They complain about single mothers, people on benefits, immigrants, etc… basically anyone that they think might be getting something that they don’t.
Back to top Go down
http://www.salohcin.co.uk
happyjo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:39 am

i think that you will find most single mothers do not choose to be single mothers,they are merely victims of circumstances.would everyone be so hard on single fathers?i think not.if a mother abandons her children then she is evil and despicable yet hundreds and thousands of fathers relinquish their responsibilitys every day.
some people need help being parents as children do not appear with a set of instructions.being a mother is the most difficult job in the world and you can only draw upon your own values and experiences.
i myself have managed succesfully to bring up four well adjusted,polight,thoughtful,kind,respectful and careing young men and one sweet,delightful and very independant young lady......on my own with no help from anyone.
only because i had the basic ingredients given to me by my own parents.
my method is very simple.
you never deliberately hurt anyone else (incluiding their feelings)
you dont ever deliberately kill anything (incluiding ants and spiders and slugs,even if you dont like them very much)
and if you can help someone then you should.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm

I think that you do raise a good point there about many people needing help to be a parent nowadays. Normally, we learn our parenting skills from our own parents (or whoever does that job if our actual parents are not around), but we have had a culture of encouraged individualism and non-caring for the past 30 years, and so we find ourselves at a point where there are a generation of parents that have not learned parenting skills from their parents because their parents were told by society that it was ok to abdicate their responsibilities to others and for them not to look after others, only themselves. And so that generation of kids that never learned how to be a good parent now find themselves with children of their own, and they now have absolutely no idea of what they should do to bring up these children, teach them about right and wrong, teach them to be valued and contributing members of society, or even how to really care about others, because their own parents were too busy looking after themselves and only being concerned with their own wants and needs to bestow those skills and teachings on to their own children.

Once again, I think that this is a problem that was caused through bad government and so it falls to the responsibility of the government again to repair this damage somehow. They spent a long time convincing people to behave and think in certain ways and are now discovering the drawbacks to those policies and so should set about re-educating people again, back to how to take responsibility, not just for yourself, but for others around you and for society as a whole. The problem is that it is much easier to teach people to be greedy, selfish and uncaring than it is to retrain them to once again care, share and take responsibility again, as it is always easier to go downhill than it is to go up. But even though this is going to be a long, hard job, if the politicians really do care about the good of this country and its people then they will do something about it, whether they get the political credit for it or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.salohcin.co.uk
happyjo

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:04 am

the goverment is not to blame at all,it is mankind and the whole twisted capitalist society who are at fault.people are no longer a priority and there is no respect or concideration for anyone.we are all constantly bombarded by images of perfection (the perfect car,the spotless home,the children who eat at the table without battering their sibblings while enjoying a healthy hovis sandwich,toilets that dont smell cus weve all used domestos.....ect the list is endless)
truth is being a parent is a no win situation whether you live in a council house as a single mum or like my neighbours are happily married have a mortgage and work as well as bringing up two children.
only the other day i heard my neighbour absolutely screaming swear words at her two year old who had been constantly naughty for over an hour.I myself have never screamed obscenitys at any of my five children but understood completely her feeling of frustration.
she was obveously finding it hard to cope as many mums do and it was a nice friendly head over the fence chat and a bit of understanding and sympathy she needed not judgemental criticism.
Back to top Go down
Mike

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:32 pm

I suppose that we should try to rise above the sort of behaviour that difficult situations lead us to. If we're stressed out, in debt, unhappy or whatever, then it's easy to fly off the handle and lose control. Usually, taking a step back and thinking before reacting means that we'll deal with a situation without screaming or shouting. Knee-jerk reactions tend to make any situation worse.
Back to top Go down
sugar100

sugar100

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:46 pm

I was a single mother and dont think i could have coped had i been put into a hostel. I wasnt a single mother through choice, at no point did i think " if i have a couple of kids i can get a council house and live off state benefits" I worked whenever i could and am now the proud mother of a lovely daughter and son, and grandmother of 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young Mothers and getting council accomodation   Young Mothers and getting council accomodation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Young Mothers and getting council accomodation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Salohcin Discussions :: Main Discussions Boards-
Jump to: